2015 has been a memorable year, so I thought I'd take a cue from Blacksburg Belle and make a list of my favourite 15 things from 2015.
1. Travel. I was fortunate enough to visit Columbus, Atlanta, Philadelphia and Central Florida this year. I'm crossing my fingers that 2016 will include further travels.
2. Launching our first project at The Selectively Silent Child.
3. #hospitalglam. "Taking the shame out of being in treatment one selfie at a time". Check out a couple of my selfies here and here.
4. This bathing suit bottom. I foresee the fatkini movement living on well past 2015. (Psst. It's still available on Torrid's website).
5. Amazing food. Gingerbread from Richmond's Kosher Bakery (Toronto), hotdogs and chili cheese fries from Tony Packo's (Toledo), homemade matzoh brei, for example.
6. Crop tops. More specifically, seeing a huge variety of women rocking the style that used to be for white girls with perfect abs. This is my favourite.
7. This quote.
8. My cane. I definitely couldn't have travelled, worked or enjoyed 2015 nearly as much as I did without my cane. No one wants to need a mobility device, especially in their early 20s, but if you need one, I say this: Use it. And make it pretty. It's so worth it.
9. Starting Project Zero.
10. Revival by Selena Gomez. It's a great album. And I like the conversation it started.
11. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. Oh my god. The change in my skin really is "dramatically different". Another skincare life saver (especially when I'm in Florida) is Evian Mineral Water Spray. It makes your skin feel cool and refreshed without messing up your makeup. Amazing.
12. Maple syrup scented candles.
13. Comparing my "double life" as a spoonie to Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus. It still makes me giggle.
14. Kacey. Musgraves. I love her music and everything she stands for.
Let's spend the new year together! Follow me on Instagram.